Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dear Familia, So its good to here from yalll through yalls emails. Sherrie I fasted for you and the adoption last sunday and i hope everything continues to work out with that! Also sean and kellye that is exciting thats its a boy! I cant wait to hear more from each of yall and pictures eventually. Also we better kick usus tails in basketball or that would be very sad! show them who the real aggies are... k so we went to guatemala city the other day and rode a bus. there were like 60 people on the bus and the rodes here are crazy. it was the most crazy adventurous thing ive done in my life... we went to the plaza twice now to talk to people and get referrals... in about five hours total.. then one day we also went to like a shopping mall and got food like fanta and skittles and pringles... it was awesome! and we got 13 referrals between me and my comp elder lusty then when we went to the plaza i had a latino comp and the first day we got 6 and the next 5. we gave out probably like 7 boms and many paphlets.. i understood so much the second day and was able to introduce and bear testimony and teach at the right times... the gift of tongues is amazing and so is the spirit.. i cant wait to get out in the field and be free and get to teach and talk to people all the time cause then my spanish will get better.. there were goats being led around by guys with whips that sounded likes guns... the city is dirty and imagine the plaza as central park of guatemala a third world country! i like it though and i am kind of getting used to the culture... i have been out five weeks now and will go into the field on april 13th! anyway i got fried yesterday by the sun and people keeping pointing at me and saying rojo. I am starting to better feel the spirit in spanish too so that is good.. it feels like i am the same person but i think i am maturing more and i know my testimony is growing. I am starting to like the district here now and we are becoming a lot closer. I met pres. torres the other day and he is gonna be a good miss. pres. umm i have beans and rice for pretty much everymeal with meat of some sort ice cream twice a day and pbj sandwhiches. one hermana asked if i played soccer cause i am getting pretty good again... but i am not a beast :P i have quetzals now and a over the shoulder bag thats woven and says guatemala.. also i have some crazy colored ties now! i need 50 dollars mom cause i cant get money off my debit till i am in the field. the people are really nice and humble here and thats awesome.. hey also people can used dear elder also to write me still just check that i am in the guatmeala ccm and it will be printed off in utah and sent to me and get here in about 10 days. i have to brush my teeth from purified water and cant drink any of the tapwater here.. i used to keep my mouth closed when i was showering but if i swallow a little it wont hurt me! haha its pretty different here.. .our ccm might have our pic in the liahona but i am not sure.. welll i have to go but i love yall a lot.. keep emailing me and send me letters to the mtc here or use dear elder often cause i would love letters too! hope everythings going well and i pray for yall all the time.. i am doing well and am learning and adjusting better now! love yall again ttynext week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment