Thursday, February 18, 2010

Letter Dated February 15, 2010

Hola Familia,

The e-mail is not working cause I don't know why but I am doing good. The first day and a half were a little rough cause I was nervous about everything but I am good now and having a lot of fun. My p-day is on mondays so thats when I'll be emailing as soon as it works. Wow! There's so much to say. I love the district I am in. I'm the only non-Utahan and I represent Texas well. Some elders even say "ya'll" every once in a while. I can bear my testimony in Spanish, pray in Spanish, and I know my purpose in Spanish! The gift of tongues is pretty amazing, but sometimes I feel like my brain will explode, but esta bien! That's kind of been our motto through everything...it's good! Living the law of exact obedience is pretty easy and the blessings from it are amzing. Heavenly FAther will bless you with almost anything ig you ask in Faith and are humble.

Dad, I found a scripture for you...Ooops! I don't have my scriptures in the laundry room with me. It's Alma 46. I think its the second or third to last verse. It's about plants.

Anyway, my companero is cool. He played soccer for Taylorsville. He has a strong testimony and is very enthusiastic about everything, which is good. My projected leave date is April 7th. Once the email starts working, I will have 30 minutes to write you. The food is good and there are lots of options.

The Spirit is good here too. We went to the temple today and that was good. Heavenly Father knows exactly what we need and he wants to help us and so we are never alone. The elders that have been here for a month longer than us, seem so much older than us. Hopefully, I'll mature fast too. We study and pray alot which is very good. It's fun to learn Spanish and guess what? I tried singing in the choir....not doing that again though! Music is harder to read then espanol!

The time at first, went by slow but its finally picking up. I am thankful for these two years I have to serve and I can already tell their going to be great. We have gym 5 times a week and everybody that plays ball is impressed with me! Just kidding but not really. A lot of people tell me how good I am a and ask if I am going to play in college. It's pretty fun playing and the exercise is much needed.

Anyway, I don't know what I left out, but I am doing really good. So, continue to pray for me and send letters/emails as often as you can. Food/Candy sounds pretty exciting too. Send actual letters for the next couple of weeks until the email starts working. Hope everything is going well and I love ya'll a lot.

Elder Hatch

P.S. I am a legit missionary now! Woohoo! Oh, yeah. I've seen Ross and that was cool and Ryan Horne and a Elder Shiver from Huntsville.

No comments:

Post a Comment